CEO & Partner, Angus Watt Advisory Group, Managing Director, Individual Investor Services, National Bank Financial
At the heart of everything Angus creates are the core values of trust, clarity, and heart. You can expect to experience these values first-hand with the Angus Watt Advisory Group.
Personally, Angus is committed to providing advice to get you closer to where you want to be. As the founder, mentor, and visionary of the Angus Watt Advisory Group, he combines the study of political science, years of expertise in wealth management, and a keen eye for big-picture thinking. Angus takes pride in his ability to discover your priorities and goals to provide you with a sense of financial comfort.
Every morning, thousands of Albertans invite Angus into their homes and cars for his daily broadcasts on Global TV Edmonton and 630 CHED. For years, Albertans have come to trust and respect his voice as the source of information on the economy.
Throughout his entire career, Angus has been committed not only to his clients but to the community. A born leader with a passion for knowledge-sharing, Angus’ goal with every position he takes on is to strengthen the organization and improve the path for incoming leaders. Included in his current and past commitments to the community are:
- CN Edmonton Community Board – Director (current)
- Alberta Critical Incident Advisory Council – founding Board Member (current)
- Kingdom of the Netherlands – Honorary Consul
- South Alberta Light Horse regiment – Honorary Colonel
- Military Cup 2019 – Co-Chair
- Alberta Order of Excellence – Chair
- University of Alberta Senate – Board Member
- University of Alberta Senate Student Mental Health Endowment – Co-Chair
- United Way of Northern Alberta – Chair
- Minerva Foundation – Chair
- The Support Network – Chair
- The Support Network Foundation – Chair
- Edmonton Police Foundation – Founding member and Chair
He is a past recipient of the “Paul Harris Fellow” awarded by the Rotary Club of Canada. In 2012, Angus received The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Most recently, Angus received the Community Enrichment Award on National Philanthropy Day 2017.
Business aside – Angus enjoys and values the time he gets to spend with his family and grandchildren, walking the family dog and getting away to the mountains for golf and relaxation.
Why choose the Angus Watt Advisory Group?
We have a collection of fantastic people who have a willingness to serve, who are spirited, dedicated and professional. We want clients to know that we are trustworthy and that we care.