HOW DEADLY IS FENTANYL
- Fentanyl is so potent that only takes a few milligrams to kill a person; 118 pounds of fentanyl can kill 25 million people.
- Fentanyl is 50x more potent than heroin, with which it is often mixed.
- In its strongest form (carfentanil) it is used legally as an elephant tranquilizer.
- One kilogram of fentanyl purchase from China for $5,000 can generate revenue of up to $1.5million in the US.
- As a tool for terror, the drug works best in a closed space, open air release would not be as effective.
‘8 COMMON INVESTING MISTAKES TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS’ – INVESTOPEDIA
- Investing in something you don’t understand.
- Falling in love with a company.
- Lack of patience: a slow, steady and disciplined approach will go a lot further in the long run.
- Too much investment turnover.
- Market timing: 94% of a portfolio’s return is determined by asset allocation not by when you buy or sell.
- Waiting to get even: decisions to sell stocks at a loss should be determined by the fundamentals of the company. If things have changed since you bought the shares, sell them at a loss and invest in something else – they may never get back to what you paid for them.
- Failing to diversify: build a portfolio that is diversified across sectors and geography.
- Letting your emotions rule the process: do not let fear or greed overtake you, focus on the big (long-term) picture. Stock market return may deviate wildly over a shorter time frame.
- Seasonally warmer weather across North America in the coming weeks will likely put downward pressure on natural gas prices.
- Enbridge Inc. plans to boost pipeline capacity for Alberta crude by 825,000 boe/d over the next 5 years.
- First Nations chiefs and leaders representing over 200 Indigenous communities in BC and Alberta are fighting bill C48 (banning all oil tanker traffic off the coast of northern BC) calling it an ‘attack’ on the energy industry that will impoverish remote First Nations.
- International Energy Agency sees global demand growth increasing Y/Y to 1.4 million boe/d (vs growth of 1.3 million boe/d in 2018).
- Ontario is limiting cannabis stores to 25 (licenses drawn by lottery), citing supply and quality issues.
- Job openings at US manufacturers of durable goods reached a record 332,000 of the 8,000,000 jobs in the sector.
- Insurance claims for the recent California wildfires top $9 billion and are expected to grow.