1. Please tell me about your financial planning process.
The Angus Watt Group is proud to have Dawn Hawley on our team as a true financial planning professional. Dawn has over thirty years experience in the insurance, legal and financial fields. She is a Certified Financial Planner, a Registered Financial Planner and a Trust & Estate Practitioner.
Since every situation is different and requires a unique perspective, Dawn takes an in-depth look at your current financial situation, and creates a blueprint that shows you how to achieve your goals and objectives for the future.
2. Who can benefit most from financial planning your services?
Any individual seeking financial peace of mind can benefit from our financial planning services. We serve people from all walks of life. We welcome clients who require a comprehensive financial plan and possible ongoing asset management services, or those who simply need a full financial consultation or a second opinion.
3. I see Angus Watt on the television and radio, and thought that you were investment advisors only(?)
The Angus Watt Advisory Group is just that, a group. Although Angus Watt is the Senior Partner of the Group, there are additional specialists in the areas of financial planning, insurance, employee benefits, corporate & personal insurance and estate planning
4. My husband and I are just beginning to build for our financial future. We need help and guidance to get started. Will you accept us as clients?
It is very important that you have a good and positive relationship with your financial advisors. We would be pleased to meet with you so that you can determine if we will be the right fit for you.
5. I have already accumulated substantial assets and think I am doing quite well. But as I progress and build for the future, things seem to be getting more complicated. I want to be sure I am on track, but I don’t always have the time or inclination to manage the myriad details by myself. Can you help me?
Yes. People who need more sophisticated financial planning or advice will find our services appealing and beneficial. If you have a desire to simplify your financial affairs, or if you are looking for a professional review or a second opinion to ensure you are on track, we can provide both services.
6. How much life insurance is enough?
The amount of coverage you require will depend on your estate objectives and current financial status. As you age, you may find that the level of coverage you require declines or perhaps changes from short-term to permanent coverage. Determining exactly how much and what type of insurance is most suitable for your situation can be best assessed through the preparation of a financial plan and the aid of a life-licensed advisor.
7. What is Life Insurance and what are my choices?
Life Insurance is:
- Financial protection for loved ones
- Key component to financial and life planning
Different types of insurance available:
- Universal Life
- Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness
8. What benefits are available in a group benefits plan?
A group plan can have a combination, or all of the following benefits: Life insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Dependent Life, Critical Illness, Short Term Disability (STD) or Weekly Indemnity (WI), Long Term Disability (LTD), Extended Health Care (EHC), Prescription Drugs, Vision Care, Dental Care, Health Spending Account, Registered Pension Plan, Group RRSP and enhanced Executive Compensation..
9. How much will our employee benefit plan cost?
Costs are determined by various factors, such as the overall number of employees in the group, the number of males versus females and the ages of the employees, etc. Therefore, quotes are sent to market and an evaluation of this material is prepared to determine how much the plan will cost and the top carrier of choice.